Slavonska avenija 6A
phone: +385 1 63 11 920
ALKALOID d.o.o. (hereinafter referred to as ''ALKALOID'') is a data controller of your personal data, which means that it determines the purposes and means of personal data processing. ALKALOID, as a data controller of your personal data, ensures that your personal data shall be possessed and protected in according with the applicable legislation and its internal polices for data protection.
METHODS OF PROCESSING, PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We respect your privacy and collect, process and store personal data legally, transparently and fairly, in accordance with legal regulations and the legal basis set forth therein. We process personal data in order to effectively provide the required service, fulfill legal obligations, report adverse reactions, send information and most efficient response to your request. The protection of personal data is permanent, and we take all measures to protect them in accordance with applicable legislation.
What is the purpose of processing data?
The specific purpose and methods of processing personal data depend on the purpose for which they are collected. The processing is limited to those personal data that are necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they are processed.
The collected data can be processed for the following purposes:
- • to diagnose server problems and administer the web page;
- • to provide you with information about our products and services;
- • to allow you to use our website and tools;
- • for other purposes for which you have requested or agreed, unless otherwise provided by law;
- • your data may also be used for statistical purposes and for identifying interests of website users;
- • for fulfillment of the legal obligations, which ALKALOID is obliged to observe.
How do we collect your personal data?
As part of the data collection, there are mandatory fields marked with asterisks if we need this information to provide the service you have requested or to meet legal requirements. Failure to complete the fields marked with an asterisk may affect our ability to provide services and products.
More details about collecting personal data are described below:
The “Meet the Expert” section: Any personal data you provide to ALKALOID while using the “Meet the Expert” section may be used to answer your question, exchange further information in connection with your request and to store such data for future reference in systems used to manage such information. ALKALOID may be obliged to provide the data to the competent state authorities if there is a legal obligation to provide information. Your personal data will not be used for any other purposes. More information about the personal data we collect and the rules for using the "Meet the Expert" section can be found in the Terms and Conditions of “Meet the Expert" section .
Adverse reaction reports: The personal data you provide may be collected through adverse reaction reports, solely for the purpose of monitoring adverse reactions, so that all reported adverse reactions are properly documented, assessed and reported in accordance with the legal obligations of ALKALOID in order to identify and prevent side effects or other risks associated with the use of our products. ALKALOID may transmit the data provided to the competent authorities in accordance with its legal obligations for pharmacovigilance. Your personal data will not be used for other purposes.
We exchange information with national and European authorities in accordance with pharmacovigilance laws and regulations. However, we cannot control how they will use your data.
Ask a Question: We may collect your name, surname, e-mail address, contact information and other information related to your inquiry. The personal data you provide to us regarding your request may only be used for the purpose of answering a question, exchanging additional information regarding the request and storing this data as reference data in systems designed to manage the information provided. ALKALOID may be obliged to forward the submitted data to the competent authorities in accordance with the legal obligations in the field of pharmacovigilance. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
Social networks and user generated content: We collect personal data through social networks and platforms, through the content you create and share with us on social networks and third party platforms, or if you post content on our page or application, including using third party applications or platforms such as Facebook/ Instagram. Content may include photos, videos, personal stories or other similar content related to ALKALOID or ALKALOID products, as well as shared personal data for participation in organized competitions or promotional activities.
Competitions, marketing and other promotions: With your consent (where necessary), we use your personal information to provide you with information about our products or services (such as marketing communications or campaigns or promotions). This can be done via email, advertising, telephone (SMS, WhatsApp, Viber or similar) to the extent permitted by applicable law. This use of your personal data is voluntary, which means that you can object (or withdraw your consent) against the processing of your personal data for these purposes. For detailed information on how to change your marketing communication preferences, see the "YOUR RIGHTS" section below. For more information about our competitions and other promotions, please see the official rules of the competition and / or details published in each competition / promotion.
Newsletter subscription: We collect information based on your consent.
Market research and customer feedback: Any information you voluntarily share with us about your experience using our products and services, collected through cookies or similar technologies, while searching for ALKALOID websites / applications and / or third party websites / applications countries. For information on special cookies downloaded from the specified website / application, see our Cookies Policy.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
You may use our website without disclosing your personal data. You have no obligation to disclose your personal data as a condition of using our website, unless you voluntarily submit the data using one of the available forms for a specific purpose.
We fully comply the 'data minimization' principle, and we collect only those personal data that are necessary, relevant and limited to the needs for the purposes for which they are processed.
Please note that, each time you visit our website, we collect the following information we need to display our website and ensure its stability: your internet service provider, the website that provided you with a link to our website, the websites you visit from our website, and your IP address.
Which categories of personal data are processed and on which legal grounds?
The types of personal data collected depend on the category of the data subject and the processing activity:
• The “Meet the Expert” section: We may collect your e-mail address, mobile phone number and other particulars associated with your query. Any personal data you provide in connection with your request may only be used for the purpose of answering your question, exchanging further information in connection with your request and storing such data for future reference in systems used to manage such information. ALKALOID may be required to forward such information to the competent authorities if such duty is defined in the applicable pharmacovigilance laws. Your personal data will not be used for any other purposes. Before using this section, please carefully read the Terms & Conditions of Use applicable to the “Meet the Expert” section.
• Adverse reaction reports: We collect name, surname, telephone number, e-mail address, country of residence, date of birth, gender, age and profession of the filling subject. It is also possible to collect additional personal data related to the health and medical history of the patient / user of the drug, if this is necessary for the purpose of processing side effects in order to fulfill legal obligations.
• Ask a question: We may collect your name, surname, e-mail address, contact information and other information related to your inquiry. The personal data you provide to us regarding your request may only be used for the purpose of answering a question, exchanging additional information regarding the request and storing this data as reference data in systems designed to manage the information provided. ALKALOID may be obliged to forward the submitted data to the competent authorities in accordance with the legal obligations in the field of pharmacovigilance. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
• Social networks: We may collect any information you publicly share on third-party social networks or any information being part of your third-party social network (such as Facebook/Instagram) profile that you allow such third-party social network to share with us, such as your name, e-mail address, gender, birthday, the city where you live, your profile picture, user ID, list of friends, etc., as well as any other information or activities you allow such third-party social networks to share with us for the purpose of providing information about our products and services, creating promotional content, understanding their effectiveness and providing you with a relevant experience to help us better understand your needs and expectations and improve our services and products accordingly.
• Organized competitions and promotional activities: We collect your contact details and other information required for participation in organized competitions and promotional activities. Such data are only used for the purposes of conducting such organized competitions and promotional activities and will not be used for any other purposes. For more information on organized competitions and promotional activities, please consult the official rules and/or the published details of each organized competition/ promotional activity.
• Subscription to our newsletter, marketing and other promotions: We may collect your name, e-mail address, mobile phone number and other data specified for each promotion, subject to your consent. If you sign up for receiving newsletters, ALKALOID will collect your e-mail address. We use the Mailchimp platform to manage subscriptions and newsletter deliveries, and will only provide the Mailchimp with e-mail address you registered for receiving of newsletters, during the period of time you were registered for. You can see more about the Mailchimp personal data protection rules at the following link: https://mailchimp.com/legal/data-processing-addendum/.
STORAGE AND TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will store your personal data that we collect in a secure environment. Your personal data are protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction by any organization or individual. Processed data are stored in our facilities and IT systems, but we do sometimes store them on servers of our trusted service providers with whom we have appropriate agreements in place to ensure that such partners comply with all applicable personal data protection legislation.
Neither we, nor our partners will transfer your personal data to third parties in any form unless we obtain your consent or are legally bound to do so. ALKALOID retains control over the use of this data.
We may share your personal data with entities providing services to ALKALOID that are necessary for the technological development and maintenance of this website and its features.
THIRD PARTIES (PARTNERS) LOCATED OUTSIDE THE EU TERRITORY
In general, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties (partners) located outside the EU territory. Nevertheless, we will disclose specific statistical data (cookies) collected by the website, to our mother company ALKALOID AD Skopje, blvd. Aleksandar Makedonski 12, 1000 Skopje, North Macedonia located outside the EU territory (North Macedonia) for the purposes of evaluating the usefulness of this website, marketing or technical support, and your data will not be used for other purposes. Furthermore, ALKALOID ensures that your personal data will be sufficiently protected by the recipient by (i) imposing to the partner the same level of protection required under the local data protection/privacy laws applicable to ALKALOID and (ii) by only collaborating with those third countries partner identified as secured by the Croatian Personal Data Protection Agency and/or European Commission (“adequacy decision”) or (ii) where there is not adequacy decision through assuring that the transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards as required by EU legislation.
We are obliged to warn you that certain third parties who manage the services provided on this website transfer or may transfer your personal data to the United States where it may be shared with intelligence services in accordance with the regulations in force in the United States. Your rights to the protection of personal data in the United States may be limited by the condition of citizenship, the need to prove the basis for a lawsuit or complaint, or the secrecy of investigative procedures.
We care about the protection of your data and that is why we have launched mechanisms that will enable a higher level of your protection. We transfer personal data on the basis of your consent, which you can always change in the settings at the following link: Cookies Policy.
If you are interested in how third parties change their data protection policies for Google LLC, please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US .
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
ALKALOID has appropriate technical and organizational measures to provide security and confidentiality to your personal data. Our employees are bound to act by our internal data protection policies and our business partners are bound by personal data processing agreements, both compliant with the applicable personal data protection legislation.
Furthermore, we aim to only collect and process personal data, which is adequate, relevant and not excessive, as required to meet the above purposes.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOU PERSONAL DATA
Your data will only be stored for as long as necessary to meet all of the above purposes. Your personal data will not be stored in a form that allows you to be identified longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected or processed. ALKALOID stores certain personal data in accordance with the time limits prescribed by law or the internal acts of the company and only for the duration necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected.
If you have given your consent, we will process your personal information until you withdraw your consent. If you make a well-founded objection to the processing of personal data based on legitimate interest, we will not process your personal data in the future. If legal, administrative or extrajudicial proceedings are instituted, personal data may be retained until the end of such proceedings, including the possible period for objecting to the decision or the period of execution of the extrajudicial/court decision.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Right to information, right of access and right to rectification. You have the right to be informed and may at any time request information and details of how we process your personal data, and you also have the right to access, rectify and update any of your personal data stored in our system if you think such data may be invalid, incomplete or inaccurate.
Right to erasure. You have the right to ask ALKALOID to erase your personal data under certain conditions determined by law.
Right of restriction and objection to processing. You have the right to ask ALKALOID to restrict the processing of your personal data and to object to the processing of your personal data under certain conditions determined by law.
Right of withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing, based on the consent prior to its withdrawal. You may opt out of marketing communications received from any media, including any third-party social network, at any time by clicking the relevant links available as part of our notifications or by logging into the relevant third-party website/app or social network and adjusting your user preferences in your user account profile by unchecking the appropriate boxes.
Right to data portability. You have the right, under certain conditions, to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer it to another processor, without interference from ALKALOID.
Application forms for exercising the above rights can be downloaded under the following link :
If you have a question or want to exercise the above rights, you may send an email, application form or mail to the following contact details:
Slavonska avenija 6А
za Službenika za zaštitu podataka
Email contact of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
In any case, you also have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authorities, in addition to your rights above.
Date of last updated version: 22.11.2022.